What higher solution to present the world that you’re in love than by the act of giving and receiving a diamond engagement ring? With many actresses and different well-known ladies sporting larger and sparklier diamond rings, superstar engagements have develop into a delight for the jewellery lover. The scale of the diamond will not be essentially the important thing as to what makes a few of these rings so well-known and recognizable, fairly it appears to be a mix of the engagement ring itself and the well-known woman it’s related to.
The historical past of diamond engagement rings
Maximillan I of Austria gave the primary diamond engagement ring on file to Mary of Burgundy in 1477. He had the ring commissioned to unite their two homes and make their marriage a unifying image to the nation.
The smallest diamond engagement ring ever made was given to Princess Mary who was married by proxy to the Dauphin of France within the yr 1518. Princess Mary was two years outdated on the time.
All through historical past diamond engagement rings have develop into bigger, extra elaborate, and have included all kinds of different jewels and metals. Diamond engagement rings settings may be made from silver, platinum, white or yellow gold or a mix of those components.
Well-known women and their engagement rings
Celebrities and different well-known folks affect the look and magnificence of many points in vogue and likewise set developments. Diamond engagement rings aren’t any exception to this rule. The next is a partial checklist of the well-known women and their equally well-known engagement rings:
- Queen Elizabeth II obtained an engagement ring from Prince Phillip that was constituted of diamonds from his mom’s tiara.
- Grace Kelly was given a 12 carat emerald-cut diamond engagement ring from Prince Rainier.
- Woman Diana was engaged with a hoop made from an 18 carat blue oval sapphire that was circled by fourteen diamonds.
- Elizabeth Taylor was engaged to her third husband, Michael Todd, with an emerald lower diamond that weighed virtually 30 carats. Nonetheless, she is extra recognized for her different items of knickknack, another hanging than the opposite: the 39 carat Krupp diamond, the 69.42 carat pear-shaped Taylor-Burton diamond and the 17th century heart-shaped Taj Mahal diamond.
- Priscilla was engaged to Elvis with a three.5 carat diamond engagement ring that was circled by one other 21 smaller diamonds and diamond chips.
- Sharon Stone was given a 3 diamond, three half carat emerald-cut diamond engagement ring by Phil Bronstien.
- Catherine Zeta-Jones’ promise to Michael Douglas was finalized with a 10 carat vintage marquise diamond estimated at amost $2 million.
- Joan Collins bought a heart-shaped diamond ring in a nineteenth-century setting from husband Percy Gibson.
- Madonna obtained from Man Ritchie an vintage Edwardian three-stone diamond ring with an ornamental platinum band. The Neil Lane ring was purported to signify their household: mom, father and son Rocco.
- Within the case of Toni Braxton, drummer Keri Lewis designed a surprising four.5 three-stone diamond ring with an oval-shaped heart stone and a pair of heart-shaped diamonds on the edges.
- Paris Hilton, despite the fact that not a pop star however a diva anyway, obtained 2 diamond engagement rings from billionaire Paris Latsis, a $5 million 24 carat canary diamond ring and a $2.1 million 15 carat white diamond ring.
- Britney Spears has two engagement rings additionally: one which she purchased for herself earlier than the marriage, a $40,000 four carat cushion-cut diamond ring with a platinum pave setting, and one which she obtained 9 month after the wedding from husband Kevin Federline.
- Christina Aguilera turned engaged to Jordan Bratman after he offered a $54,000 20-carat diamond engagement ring designed by jeweler Stephen Webster.
- Whitney Houston sports activities a surprising four carat oval-shaped heart stone with trillions on the edges which she obtained from Bobby Brown.
Reproduction diamond engagement rings
In fact there’s the very well-known pink diamond ring that Ben Affleck gave to Jennifer Lopez. This 6 carat radiant formed pink diamond rapidly caught the eye of the general public and has develop into a extremely wanted reproduction. It’s accomplished with a platinum band in addition to three baguette white diamonds on all sides. The pink diamond engagement ring is reported to have been bought for $1.2 million in 2002. The ring, whereas simply recognized can also be very female and fashionable wanting.
Replicas of the well-known pink diamond ring at the moment are obtainable for a average value. The price of the replicas relies on the standard of the stones and the supplies utilized in reproducing the pink diamond engagement ring.
Some replicas are styled as extra vintage diamond engagement rings. These rings have an eternal high quality and symbolize custom and heritage. The current engagement of Camilla Parker Bowles in February of 2005 featured such an vintage engagement ring. The platinum ring has an emerald-cut heart diamond with three diamond baguettes on all sides. This ring initially belonged to the Queen Mom and is believed to be valued at over $1 million.
Since few folks can afford the unique merchandise, there’ll at all times be a marketplace for replicas of those one in all a form diamond engagement rings. The standard of the replicas varies, as does the value. You will need to word that the types of diamond 訂婚戒指 which can be fashionable with celebrities will quickly develop into the types which can be wanted by the not fairly so wealthy and well-known.